Frequently asked questions

SANET as an association of users of the Slovak academic network provides services only to its members. The member may become anybody (either a person or an organisation) who agrees with the rules of the SANET association and pays the annual membership 33,- EUR. Those who want to apply for a membership must fill in the application and send it to a secretariat of SANET. The applications are considered by the Board of Directors of SANET and it can also be rejected in certain special cases.

An information box and assigned registration number will be sent to each new member.

After paying the membership, the new member has right to be provided with the services and that´s why he can ask the nearest administrator for connecting. The list of administrators of each node of SANET is presented here together with their contact addresses.

The administrator of the node prepares the contract for the person interested in connecting. After it is signed by the person interested in connecting, the contract is sent to Bratislava to be signed by the statutatory deputy of SANET.

After signing the contract by the person interested in connecting, the administrator of the node makes an account to an access server and creates a mailbox. Besides all this, he provides the person interested in connecting with basic consultations about connection.

In present, SANET provides the following services:

  • UUCP connecton
  • DIAL – IP (SLIP/CSLIP or PPP) interconnection through a switched line
  • – interconnection by fixed line
Registration form for IPv6 address download

Everyone who wants to use the mail and wants his/her mail address in a following form [my_name]@[my_firm].sk, must register his/her domain. Registration of a domain of second level performs EuroWeb Slovakia, JSC (Eunet Slovakia Ltd. before).

You can find information about exact procedural process on the address or ask for your registration on the e-mail address

If you want to register your domain under other domain of the top level such as .sk, contact the administrator of the certain top level domain.

In Internet, there is a special domain IN-ADDR.ARPA to map over IP addresses and domain names. The administrator of this domain is The map over through IN-ADDR.ARPA is used for checking the domain name in terms of some Internet services (e.g. some anonymous FTP servers but other services, too).

If you are interested in registering your reverse domain, ask for it on the e-mail address: