|| SANET Acceptable Use Policy
Approved by SANET Executive Committee, March 31-th 2001
Date: April 2001
Editor: T. Weis
Further copies of this document may
be obtained from the SANET office at
Vazovova 5, 812 43 Bratislava, Slovakia
This document (AUP) describes the rules of using SANET network for SANET
||SANET (Slovak Academic Network Association) is
non-profit organization supported by Ministry of Education of the
Slovak Republic and their members through regular yearly membership.
Organizational structure consist from SANET General Assembly, SANET
Executive Committee, SANET Technical Committee and Board of SANET
||SANET member is any organization, company or individuals
who agreed with SANET statute and paid membership fee.
||SANET network is a network which provide with Internet
infrastructure in Slovak Republic to SANET members. 2.4 S
|| 2.4 SANET community is a community of SANET network
3. Purpose of SANET network
||The purpose of SANET network is to provide with
both Internet connectivity and Internet services to their members.
||Through the SANET network, the pan-European gigabit
research and education network GEANT, other NRENs all over the world
as well as other Internet networks can be accessed.
4. Acceptable Use
||SANET members may use SANET network for the purpose
of internetworking with other SANET members and for connectivity to
||SANET network may be used for any legal activity
that is in compliance with SANET statute.
5. Unacceptable Use
||SANET members can not use SANET network for activities
which are in contradiction with Slovak law especially:
- Hurting the personal rights and disturbing of anybody else.
- The creation and transmission of any illegal material.
- The transmission of unsolicited commercial or advertising material.
- Deliberate unauthorized access to facilities or services accessible
- Activities which violating the privacy of other user, corrupting
or destroying other user's data, conclude to network congestion,
servers overloading and unreachability of services provided by
6. Passing on and Resale of SANET services
||It is not permitted to provide access to SANET
network for non-members of SANET.
|| It is not permitted to resale SANET services to
third parties without the prior written agreement.
|| Conscious violation of the AUP regulations shall
be sanctioned by temporary or final disconnection of related user(s)
from SANET network. In case of unconscious violation, the related
users is to be warned and informed about AUP rules and regulations
through local SANET administrator.
|| If necessary SANET Executive Committee initiates
8. Suggestions and recommendation
||It is recommended that each SANET member connected
to SANET network is preparing their own AUPs. The local AUPs may contain
parts of this AUP. The local AUP might also contain:
- Name of persons being responsible for the specific task belonging
to the AUP issue
- The way of controlling how the rules are taken into consideration.
- Description of procedures and sanctions resulting from violating
the AUP rules.
- Actions to be taken in case of major operational problems of
network and dangerous situations.
- Rights and duties of users.
- URL address where local AUP will be published.